The call for proposals closed on September 10th, 2019
Energimyndigheten (The Swedish Energy Agency) and IQ Samhällsbyggnad (The Swedish Centre for Innovation and Quality in the Built Environment) are now welcoming applicants in the third call for proposals from the research and innovation programme – E2B2. Interdisciplinary projects and projects in which different stakeholder groups collaborate, for example collaboration between academia and the business world, are especially welcome.
The E2B2 research and innovation programme is a broad commitment to research and development in the field of energy-efficient building and housing. The aim of the programme is to contribute to increased knowledge of energy usage in buildings through research development, innovation and demonstration. The programme's vision, goals and research content are described in more detail in the programme description.
Read more about the programme here
Scope and priorities
A general point of departure for projects is that they must be underpinned by a systems perspective, i.e. results from each individual project must also lead to energy efficiency enhancement in society as a whole.
Other desirable features of the applications are that they are:
- designed to ensure good dissemination and usage of results
- co-financed by the business community
Direction of the call
In this call, applications are welcome from across the entire programme scope. Interdisciplinary projects and projects in which different stakeholder groups collaborate, for example collaboration between academia and the business world, are especially welcome.
Examples of projects considered relevant to the call:
- Development projects that involve collaboration with market stakeholders, demonstration projects and evaluations of new technological solutions. Evaluation in this regard means testing and validation of new or improved products, processes or services. For example, projects may be based on various technological solutions that have been or are currently part of the BeBo, Belok, BeLivs, BeSmå, or LÅGAN networks.
- Projects that use social science, behavioural science or system science methodology.
- Projects that utilise and apply the Swedish Energy Agency's measurements of near-zero energy buildings.
Who may apply?
All stakeholders that are able to contribute to the E2B2 research and innovation programme’s goals may apply, for example: companies
- the public sector
- universities and university colleges
- institutes with a connection to energy efficiency enhancement in buildings
- other stakeholders with a connection to energy efficiency enhancement in buildings
Decisions on the projects that are to be granted funding will be made at the end of October 2019. Projects may start in November 2019 at the earliest and continue until 31 December 2021 at the latest.
More information is available in the in the full call for proposals text.
We can provide support until 16:00 on the day that the call closes.
Swedish Energy Agency
email@example.com, 016-544 21 70
firstname.lastname@example.org, 016-544 23 77
email@example.com, 072-554 46 61